Friday, July 27, 2012

Busy, busy!

Hello friends, I was looking at my blog and realized that I haven't posted in awhile. Why? Last week was a crazy busy week. I woke up on Monday, got ready for my day, and found a voicemail waiting on my phone from Don St. Pierre, one of the coaches here. The message was urgent: Sarah, the soprano for Wednesday's recital can't sing-- will you cover for her. I called Don back and agreed to learn the music. I met up with the soprano and she handed me three Notturni composed by Mozart. Just to give you a time line. I got the music on Monday afternoon, I had the dress rehearsal on Tuesday, and the performance on Wednesday. Normally, if a singer can't sing, they'll cut them from a recital. They couldn't do that because she was part of a trio. The performance wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my best. All I really wanted to do was relax after the performance on Wednesday, but I needed to prepare for Thursday. Thursday was my dress rehearsal for my recital on Friday. Then, I was asked to sing in a memorial service on Sunday... The song requested was hard. Needless to say, I was very busy learning music. Two weeks from today I will be on my way home to Holland. That means I've been here for five weeks already... Hard to believe. A month from today? I will be taking exams at Eastman. Holy moly.

No comments:

Post a Comment